Thursday, December 27, 2007

The hippo returns....

Last night I step in to a world that I haven't entered in 17 years. Last night was the Naugatuck high school alumni swim meet. As I walked in to the pool I hit with flashes of high school and of long swim pratices although I was firmly grounded by the fact my daugter was right there at my side. I walked up to the coach(who is in his 31st year of coaching the team) and he knew right away who I was and pretty much which class I was in. He told me he was glad to see me and that I should go get changed and get in the pool. Once in the pool I was surrounded by high school age kids all swiiming faster then me. Anyways my first event was the 200 yard IM. While other Alumni did relays for this event I talked it myself. My time was 2:58.something something. I was realy tired and spent after wards and i'm not really sure how i got out of the pool never ming how i didn't vomit. I didn't get to swim again till after the diving but when i did i hit it hard. I did back to back to back event's 200 free relay (28.66 lead off leg) 100 back stroke (1:16) a small brake for the 100 breaststroke and the the 400 free relay (1:09). so today i'm recovering and seem to be doing well.



Hippo....

1 comment:

SM said...

Good to see you back. Do you have a race schedule for 2008 yet?